• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 6th - 8th May

Started by mickw, Apr 25, 2011, 16:56:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

shame you cannot camp Tony, you have spoilt your record of never missing one!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Nice to see you anyway Tony............................
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Quote from: Fay on May 04, 2011, 17:19:55
shame you cannot camp Tony, you have spoilt your record of never missing one!

I spoilt that when Mark had a DSC to himself at the beginning of the year, or was it the end of last year..........it's been so long. :roll:
Maybe the next one Fay.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

Weather forecast is not looking good ATM.  Chris, don't count me in for Chilli after all as I shan't be coming if there is no chance of doing any imaging. 

If a miracle happens and the weather reports change I'll come and if there is no chilli left over, then I'll fend for myself. 

Carole

Mike

Weather as far as I can see is OK. Friday night is forecast to be clear and Saturday partly clear. Rain due sunday daytime but a clear night after that.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Carole no problem, I'm still going rain or shine because we havent all been together for ages....

The Thing

Weather is looking better each time I check, touch wood. My old 8" LX90 is now on Robert's old HEQ5 and all systems tested out OK last night so I am hoping to use the set-up in anger on Friday night.

mickw

Decided to come down today, getting bored at home.

Made the mistake of telling Fay, now she's here :roll:
At least I can send her up the chip shop   :D

Field dry and firm, loads of flying things - skies bright but looks like high cloud at the moment   :(
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Yes, the forecasts have changed a bit, but I didn't want Chris to go buying food for me and then I didn't come.  Weather now looking a bit more positive, so hopefully am coming.

Carole

mickw

Weather looking patchy cloud at the moment.
SAT24 shows a whole mass of clouds heading this way  :(

At least it's not raining

Rocket Pooch

But you have beer, you there yet?

Mike

What was it like last night? Get any imaging done?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Was hoping to get down early today to set up but now need to go into London to deal with an idiotic employee.

Will see you later this evening instead. At least it stays light till late.

mickw

Bit late on the report for last night.

Yes I had beer  :D

After loads of hardware/problems, managed to get some imaging in.

Sky not great but better than London

JohnP

Wot about Fay...? (assuming she could find her scope...  :cheesy: )