• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 6th - 8th May

Started by mickw, Apr 25, 2011, 16:56:01

Previous topic - Next topic

julian

Hope you all have a good time.  Unfortunately I cannot make DSC as I am decorating!   :(  :cry:  :cry:

Julian

mickw

It's the wrong weather for decorating, and of course, the wrong moon phase.
I think you'll find 2 weeks time would be more appropriate  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

Agreed, you should only transform into decorating garb at full moons.  Do make sure the house is empty and you're locked securely in first though!!!

Rocket Pooch

And you won't be able to see my light panels because your putting wallpaper up...

Fay

Is the weather looking iffy?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

It's not looking great but then it's early days. The forecast is only really reliable(ish) the day before.

Anyway, we now have the new Event Shelter so even if the weather is crappy we can be social like the old days and sit around getting drunk instead.

It's one of these:-

and we have the zip-in door and walls too

It's 3.5m square so please leave room for it in the middle or corner of our plot.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

mickw

I bet Tony wishes he had one  :lol:

Rocket Pooch

Been to Tesco got all the bits for the chilli, don't worry Fay no odd bits in there.  Its £2 a head this time a little more than the BBQ we had last time at the caravan :-( food prices!

Like the shelter....

Chris

RobertM

Its looking like I'll be down at the weekend either Friday but most probably Saturday night with a bit of luck.

Chris - don't cater for me, if I make it down on the Friday and there's enough then fine otherwise I'll sort myself out.

Robert
PS. Shelter looks very good.

mickw

So it's looking like we have -
Me
Chris
Fay
Duncan
Mike
Brian Weller
Robert
Carole
Tony ?

A good start to the year if it works out  :)

Fay

Duncan, hope you are not off to a do on saturday night!!!

Also, wonder if the Indian restaurant is operational, at the gate

mickw

The Indians only bought it last month  :o

The Thing

No do's this time Fay. Except for the one in the big teepee! Oops, wrong indians:)

Tony G

I'm afraid I will not be camping on this DSC, but I will be coming down to visit either Saturday or Sunday because I miss all the old wrinkly faces that I haven't seen for a while, but at present I don't know which day.
I'll call someone before I come down in case someone has forgotten anything, or requires re-stocking of essentials.............BEER

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson