• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Astrofest 2011

Started by Carole, Jan 12, 2011, 14:34:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Is any-one going to this, it clashes with DSC?

I thought I might go on the Friday.

Carole

MarkS

I'll go on Saturday if DSC is rained off.

julian

I may go on saturday to astrofest and then go to DSC Saturday night

julian

MarkS

Carole,

It is probably safer for your purse if you cannot go to Astrofest.  Last year you unexpectedly ended up buying a complete observatory!

Mark

Carole

QuoteIt is probably safer for your purse if you cannot go to Astrofest.
Yes I thought of that too!!
:cheesy:

Fay

Great day at Astrofest. Robert, Julian & friend,  Lee &  Greg there today. Robert & I had carrot cake & coffee & a good chat with Nik Szymanek. Saw Peter Shah & Gordon Haynes. Had a several chats with Gary of Pulsar Domes.

We were there for  quite a while, Brian May, Brian Cox & Patrick were there, but we did not see them. Really crowded when the lectures turned out.

The feet were hurting on the last stretch.

Have you noticed my composure regarding purchases ................................. :o

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

What have you bought  :roll:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

It was Nik's fault.................................you know what I have bought..........................................and Robert

mickw

Better cancel March DSC as well then  :-?

Mac

Hurah. Im free of the blame now,  woop woop. :cheesy:

doug

What woz it ........................... pleeeeeease tell.................... wot woz it ............  :o

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

The Thing

Does that mean theres an Atik for sale? Or will it be used as a guider now you have joined the semi-pros. It'll be a dome next!

Fay

I am in denial at the moment, don't want to think about it!!!!!!!! I will be sorting out a few little bits to sell though, to ease my conscience. it does not arrive for 3 weeks anyway

Mac

QuoteI will be sorting out a few little bits to sell though, to ease my conscience. it does not arrive for 3 weeks anyway

Well it's not a dome then ;)

mickw

QuoteI will be sorting out a few little bits to sell though, to ease my conscience.

So you're moving house as well  :o