• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

December DSC

Started by mickw, Nov 04, 2010, 17:22:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Just move it to the Friday after - 10th December.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

QuoteJust move it to the Friday after - 10th December.
Mike is this definite for next Imaging session and is DSC now 3 - 5 Dec at Blacklands, as I have to do the notices at the next meeting.  

Carole

mickw

DSC will be 3rd to 5th and probably at Blacklands - If it doesn't rain for 2 weeks before, the ground will be dry/firm at Rother Valley.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

and the Imaging Session is now the following Friday - 10th Dec.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Thanks Mick and Mike.

Mike

Rocket Pooch

I'll be in the area.

mickw

Barring blizzards and torrential rain I'll be going to one of the venues  :-?

Keeping an eye on the weather.

Mac

Ive got a Christmas concert that weekend in New Romney,
But i'll pop on over if i get the chance.

MarkS

I'll make my final decision at the last minute - I've got lots of things to do at home after putting our house on the market, so I'll likely only come down if it's clear and probably only for one night.

Mark

Mac

QuoteI've got lots of things to do at home after putting our house on the market
Off to a place with less light polution?

Mac

mickw

So far, the weather forecasts are pretty grim.

Rain and/or snow clouds and high winds 

MarkS

Quote from: Mac
Off to a place with less light polution?

[Off Topic]
Yes, that's the plan.
On the High Speed Line (the "Javelin" trains) one can get from Ashford Int'l to Canary Wharf in the same time as Sidcup to Canary Wharf (once the DLR extension opens early next year).

Kids have now grown up, so with nothing to tie us to Sidcup it's extremely tempting to move out into the country.

Tony G

Doesn't the 'Javalin' go to France as well ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

QuoteDoesn't the 'Javalin' go to France as well

It does if you fall asleep on the way home  :lol: