• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Pier installation

Started by PhilB, Aug 10, 2010, 09:02:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

will hopefully, but not quite like that.

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

PhilB

Yup, I think that's covered one of the problems with land ownership. The best defence is to dig a ditch and bank up the boundary, then install a decent gate. This won't keep a determined intruder out of course but it's like keeping thieves out of your car; in short you can't. The trick is to make the vehicle standing next to yours look more attractive.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Tony G

Quote from: PhilB on Aug 21, 2010, 22:31:23
The trick is to make the vehicle standing next to yours look more attractive.

I use to own a MkIII Cortina, Mabel was her name, which was mostly green, with a black vinyl roof, and rust coloured wheel arches, and whatever car that was parked next to, no matter what the condition of the other car, it would always make the other car attractive. :(

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

PhilB

:P :P

You've got the nack there, Tony
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

The Thing

Can you stand next to me at DSC next time Tony... :twisted: ;)

Ian

Duncan, I'm very concerned for you if you keep getting broken into...

Fay

Very very funny Duncan & Ian  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!