• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Pier installation

Started by PhilB, Aug 10, 2010, 09:02:17

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilB

Mike, I don't suppose that this extends to sky beams?
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Mike

Not sure about that but I think there are regulations for lights that point into the sky.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Phil I had trouble with two houses over the back, their security light. The council sent me some guidance leaflets & I took them round to them.

The bulbs should not be over a certain power & they should be directed downwards.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Fay,

You should think about moving to the middle of a field, with all the bloody problems you are having with your neighbours, I think that will be the safest place for you. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Letter number 2 went in last week....

PhilB

Thanks, Fay, I shall be talking to the Council shortly.

Investigation into sky beams suggests that these are viewed by the authorities as advertisements. This being the case it seems that they need a licence to operate and can be shut down if they don't have one.

Tony's idea about a field is actually something that I've seriously considered in the past. Anyone fancy chipping in?
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

We may buy a field & go down there & can't get in because a lot of caravans have already taken all the spaces :cry:   

Tony G

Quote from: Fay on Aug 21, 2010, 09:28:12
We may buy a field & go down there & can't get in because a lot of caravans have already taken all the spaces :cry:   

Then, we purchase a field without any amenities, any out of the way, which should deter caravans getting to the field.  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Oh no, back to buckets!!!!!

Mike

Or put a gate on it.   :roll:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Mike

Depends on how sturdy your gate is and how well you rig it up to the mains ;)

mickw

Shouldn't over complicate the issue........................

A simple sign hanging on the gate should do the trick  ;)

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Ian

mickw

Would that be to make the pikeys <ex.del.> themselves ?

arbitrary moderating decision there, Ian
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional