• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moon 230510

Started by Fay, May 23, 2010, 10:46:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Have not got the DMK, so details as follows for each image:

10x100th sec, Atik314L, Ha, x2 Barlow, 6" Mak Cass, taken with Astroart, Processed PSCS

It is the first time I have got reasonable pictures with the barlow, normally have dust that I cannot get rid off & too much turbulance.

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

They all look excellent Fay... Are these colour or greyscale? Great shots - John

Tony G

Fantastic images Fay, and it seems like the music didn't hinder you at all. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Oh thankyou. Well I saw it was RGB so just gave them a  bit of colour.

Fay

To clarify. They are mono images but I did not change from RGB to grayscale in photoshop

Mike

If they are mono why do they have a yellow cast ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Because I kept RGB & gave them a hue

PhilB

Quote from: Fay on May 23, 2010, 16:54:20
Because I kept RGB & gave them a hue

I like it. Makes an interesting change from "shades of grey". Nice images.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

Thanks Phil. All images are processed according to the eye of the imager. It makes a change. I would imagine the moon to be a bit more sepia than grey.

RobertM

Very nice 'colour' images Fay, looks like all your kit was playing to the same tune last night ;)

Robert

Mac

Fay

Rocket Pooch

Excellent Fay, if your out tonight the seeing is amazing, we were just looking at the moon and Saturn at 300x magnification, its pretty amazing out there....

shame about the moon though, I can't be bothered to Image with the QSI at the moment...

Mac

I thought it was yellow because it was made of cheese  :cheesy:

Fay

I was too tired to go outside last night, Chris. Shame I like to make the most of it. I may go outside tonight. I did an avi of Saturn, with the Phillips webcam & K3. I have not used that prog for years & could not remember how to stop it. I had about 2300 frames when I stopped it but cannot find it anywhere, probably had not put save details in. It was not amazing anyway.

The seeing must have been good the other night, as it was first time I had used the x2 successfully. Really still. no dust bunnies.
I would like to have had your x5, Mac. Trouble is, it all moves out of FOV quicker.