• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 19th to 22nd February 2010

Started by Mike, Jan 18, 2010, 10:00:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The cancelled DSC for January has now been re-arranged for Friday 19th to Monday 22nd February 2010 at Blacklands.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

YUP. + dog.

Fingers crossed i might have the bits for my 10" as well as my W/O.

Mac.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

Rose and I will try to get there for an evening`s peering .... Rose will have her Pulse to tell her (and me) where everything is.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

MarkS

I am, unless the weather is similar to that which caused cancellation of the previous two DSCs.

mickw

Me too  :D

Although as I'm typing it's starting to snow  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

QuoteI am, unless the weather is similar to that which caused cancellation of the previous two DSCs.
ditto

RobertM

Tony G

I'll be there from Friday for the weekend,(NEW TENT) :roll: that is as long as I'm not the only soul down there due to the weather,(but that might not deter me) but then, if there is no one down there, then there is no one to tell me if I'm doing something wrong. So if I'm looking at Saturn and call it Jupiter, then for that weekend, and that weekend only, I'm right, and no one can tell me any different. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

Quote from: Tony
So if I'm looking at Saturn and call it Jupiter, then for that weekend, and that weekend only, I'm right, and no one can tell me any different.

If you're looking at Saturn and think it's Jupiter then your optics are in serious need of collimation!

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

Is this one of those tents that you remove from a matchbox, give it a flick and it unfolds into a marquee, Tony??
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mac

Wrong way round fay.

Its one of those, you put a match to it and it fits in to the matchbox. :D

Mac.

Mike

I'll be there. Barring any serious road conditions. I don't care if it's cold or snowing, just as long as it isn't dangerous to drive.