• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep sky camp

Started by Rocket Pooch, Feb 16, 2004, 22:38:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Got one of those fishing brolly's as well, but its not as old as I am.

Ok, I'll bring the shelter thing, but someone will have to help me set it up because its a bugger to do.  Also I think we're going to have to tie it down.

Shall I also bring my air gun and my rocket as well?

I also have a pack of cards and a small table :smile:

Oh yes and the beer.

Mike

Bring plenty of daytime amusements. I will help you get that thing up as I will be there at about 2pm. In return you can help me put up my tent :wink:

I am bringing beer also, I think Greg is bringing a suckling pig !! I will also have an RC plane, as will Paul (big kids or what - who cares - We had fun with the wheelbarrow last time but I think we knackered it).

If you don't have such things it will be boring in the daytime otherwise - no TV, DVD player, PC, Xbox, etc.

Has anyone got a football?

[ This Message was edited by: Mike on 2004-02-18 10:52 ]
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I have got a football, I don't have a domain called http://www.jumpers4goalposts.org.uk for nothing you know :smile:

Must remember to bring the telescope.

Mike

Aaaaah telescope !!! I knew I had forgotten something !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Telescopes don't talk to me about telescopes...
At the moment my C8 is in bits and a rather important bit is in Crew having new shiny stuff put on it. I am optimisticly hoping that it might be back before Friday.
But I will be bringing Beer, a kite a very mad RC plane and Beer.
Oh yes I will also be arriving after dark so Greg you wont be alone in the trying to find the thingamy that goes on the wotsit, that keeps the tent up which has just been droped onto the ground in the dark.
See you all Friday.

Whitters

Chris, what was that about sheep! you'r not thinking of bringing your wellies are you?

Mike

Wahay !!  Don't forget the beer !

Rocket Pooch

Got the wellies, mine have been adapted with velcro on the front for added grip!

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2004-02-19 10:46 ]

Mike

The weather forecast is till looking good, though it's now supposed to be even windier !

Fri       Sat       Sun
Weather   Sunny/Cloudy  Sunny     Sunny
Max Temp       4         7         8
Min Temp       0         2         -1
Wind          21E        18NE      19NE

Paul, my Bugs Bunny Binoculars should be arriving today so hopefully I will have them at DSC for you to laugh at !

Jim, don't forget to charge your car battery !!!! :wink:

[ This Message was edited by: Mike on 2004-02-19 10:39 ]

Anonymous

Unfortunately I have done my back in so will have to give the wekend a miss.  A shame as I was really looking forward to it.  Mel has pointed out that surely beng flat on ones back is the ideal position for a star gazer... but I refuse to be drawn.

Hope you all have clear skies

Mike

I'm sorry to hear you have done your back in - but, err....... who are you???

Is that Nigel??!!

Mike

The weather forecast is not looking so good today. Whereas all week they have been showing sun, that has now changed to sunny/cloudy on all days over the weekend :sad:

Let's hope they are wrong and there isn't a single cloud in the sky!!

Whitters

Too right Mike.
And to the Anonymous post I hope your back is better soon.

Whitters

Chris, A thought on where to place your 3M shelter. If you can pitch it on a line of sight between the fire and the camping site it would block the light from the fire for those who are observing.
Any thoughts?

Rocket Pooch

That would be ok, but it only has a roof.  Anyway, I'm not sure I'm going to bring it now, last year it flew away in about a 5mph wind, so I don't think it will stand upto whats forecast, but who knows.

But if someone will be there to help me break it down I suppose I could drag it into the car, I'll also bring along a very large waterproof tarpauling I have, this is an excellent shelter providing I can find two trees.

Lastly I have me SAC8 now, but I havent installed the software read the manual or anything else so it should be fun.

I hate the british weather.  Poo bar humbug.

Wibble