• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

The Eye of God

Started by A.S.I.G.N_Baz, May 02, 2009, 09:50:24

Previous topic - Next topic

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

While shooting the Lagoon all night last night, there came a point where I was faced with an azimuth flip, which I am hesitant to do:whistle:....

So, while considering packing up and heading in, I had a flick through the tour function and lo and behold...what's this? The Helix Nebula? Leftover shell of a long gone stellar explosion.

Well, I had almost forgotten about this beauty so I thought I wpould have a go as it was still only four in the morning and there was still some dark left.

There was a bit of dew in the sky by then and I only got a few 10 minute subs. I had to reject a few because the moisture in the air was bouncing orange street light sky glow around like crazy.

I had to stretch the heck out of it but hey, do what you can huh?

I can't wait to do this again in about a month and do it properly!

Baz.

Black Diamond ED120APO, Orion Starshoot Pro DSI OS CCD camera.

Rick

Daniel

Yes, lovely image, if only I could image it from where i am!

Daniel
:O)

JohnP

Looking good for such short exposure - loving the colours - Longer/ more exposures will really help to bring the outer halo out...

Nice one - John

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Thanks everyone. Yes, more subs needed. I thought it was a good teaser though, as it is the first time I have imaged it with the new scope.

I reckon I'll give it two months then spend a whole night on it.

Baz.

RobertM

That is very nice Baz.  It will be spectacular once you've got all the subs together.