• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - Fri 22nd to Mon 25th May

Started by Mike, Apr 24, 2009, 16:04:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The next Deep Sky Camp will be held between Friday 22nd May and Monday 25th May at the new venue of Woodlands Park Campsite.

Address is :-

TENTERDEN ROAD,
BIDDENDEN, KENT
TN27 8BT
TEL:  01580 291216

Note that if you require an electric hook-up then you need to ring them ASAP and make a booking as spaces are limited.

If you DON'T require a hook-up, then you do not need to make a booking, simply turn up on the day, pay at the gate and pitch up.

Please note that this is a commercial campsite and therefore you are personally responsible for paying your own pitch fees.

The campsite has a very nice set of showers and toilets and a camp shop and is all very civilised.

Also note that we will not have a communal tent (unless everyone wants one, in which case everyone would need to chip in for the cost of an extra tent) and there will also be no communal meal. This time on the Saturday night I suggest we all roll along to the nearest pub (walking distance) and have a nice meal and a few beers there instead.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

I have booked my hook up and sincerely hope I will be fit enough to be there after having had to cancel Kelling Heath.

Also that I will have a working laptop for imaging. 
If I am only partially recovered would the rest of you mind helping me with heavy things?

Thanks
Carole

Mike

I'm sure there would be enough of us to assist Carole.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Mike will we be ok for all getting next to each other?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Ian

that's what I like about you Fay, you're really friendly :)

Fay

Mike

Fay it's a 10 acre field. There will be plenty of room.

Mike

Fay

Ian

there you go, talking all posh again Fay.

I'll be there, unless one of the kids gets ill, again...

mickw

Me too

Er, that's me going, not talking posh  :oops:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Jim

Ian

Fay

Ian, I am glad you always notice my finer & best points!       :lol:

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson