• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - Fri 22nd to Mon 25th May

Started by Mike, Apr 24, 2009, 16:04:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Ian

Fay

Behave, Ian!!!!!

Just come back from Spain. Driven home by an aging rocker, it was like Colonel Kurtz driving us up the Mekong, windows open, all hair flowing in tendrills & loud classical music on the radio!!!!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

I've booked the last pitch with a hook up, see you all there on Friday 22nd after work.

RobertM

I'm looking likely for one or two nights.  Would be grateful for a spare 13A socket from one of those with hookups ?

Daniel

Damn, did we have to book pitches this time?

Fay

Daniel, you only have to book hookup pitches. I hope we will be able to charge our batteries ok, if we do not have a hookup!

Mike

I'm sure those with hook-ups would let you plug in your chargers. After all it will cost them no extra.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Daniel

Im just praying my bloody mount is fixed by then!

Carole

Just had a phone call from Woodlands to say they have had some more hooks ups installed.  There are currently 4 available - so get in quick if you want one.

(I was coming down with Delphine and had rquested one but Delphine can't come now, so I'm just coming down for the day with Doug and Rose).

Carole

Fay

I just went in to book a hookup & they have all gone.
That was quick!

They only take hookup bookings for at least 3 nights on a bank holiday anyway

Fay

The Thing

Sorry Fay,  I was told I booked the last pitch with a hookup on the 8th (see below). You are welcome to charge batteries or even plug in your hair dryer  as long as I'm not imaging at the time! I suspect that those with hookups will be much put upon, and those without put out if all the sockets are taken.

The Thing

How can we make sure we are all at the same end of the field? It's quite big looking on GoogleMaps.

Can we organise an email to the site with the names of all those with hookups booked so we can ask to be pitched near to each other? Let me know who you are and I will do it.

Fay

Duncan, I was just thinking of this. How do we know we will all be in a cluster?? I will get down there around noon Friday & if there is no one else there, could end up pitching in the wrong part of the field. Also, as bank holiday, should we say how many are going anyway?

Mike

The part of the field where the hook-ups are is not near where the non-hookup's can camp anyway. Plus, there is a light on a pole near there. So you guys will be some distance away from the rest of us unfortunately, though not too far away.

Last time we were about 100 yards away from the caravans/hook-ups in the corner of the field.

Fay I plan on getting down there about 2pm.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan