• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Very poor M81...

Started by JohnP, Mar 23, 2009, 14:30:24

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Well after seeing Chris's m81 from New Romney I wasn't going to bother posting this....

Took this Friday night (skies were totally crap) - really poor seeing & loads of high cloud but strangely the best guiding I have ever had... So I ran off 10X10mins of m81 through ZS66. Result is very noisey with poor SNR but chuffed with 10min exposures.....

John

RobertM

Can't comment on the skies but everything else bar the noise looks spot on.  You have to go for it whatever the conditions if it's clear...

The Thing

Looks great to me - see my effort on the same night!

Fay

John, it is so hard for us just lately, to get something we are pleased with. I think it is very nice, & at least you are pleased with the guiding.  I think it is better than my one, you are always so good at focusing!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Your standards have gone up and the benchmark is being continually raised.  Have a look in the gallery at the stuff that was produced by Chris, Mike, John, Robert, Paul and others just a few years ago.  Compare with what they are producing today and you'll see what remarkable progress has been made.

Mark

Rocket Pooch

Mark,

I agree with you on that, sometimes we are all a little hard on ourselves, noise too high, pixels not quite saturated enought, wrong type of diffraction spikes etc.  But at the end of the day we are all knocking out some good images now, esspecially locally.

John,

Looks ok to me, and better than my previous best so its good.

I think the challenge we all have now is every now and again one of us does and images where all all go "ok I can do that" and that kind of spurs us on a bit to do better.  All we can really do is get out there and keep imaging.

JohnP

Cheers all for your comments - Still a carp image though... John

MarkS

Quote from: JohnP
Still a carp image though... John

I can't see the fish ...

Ian

John, you typing with a pound of sausages again mate? Fishy images, commuter problems ;)

JohnP

I actually wrote 'Carp' on purpose... because I thought people might be offended with CRAP!!!!!! but I'm sure you knew that you 'bar steward'.... :-)

Ian

you'll be saying your images are Norfolk and good as well then?

JohnP

Mac

Carole

Tony G

Very poor my a*se, that's an image I'd be happy with.

By the way when did Ian get the job as a bar steward, and can we get cheap drink where he works?  :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson