• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Mark's New Challenge..

Started by JohnP, Mar 23, 2009, 20:05:13

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi Mark,

If these images are true this has to be your next challenge - Imaging an astronaut on ISS......!!!

http://alpo-j.asahikawa-med.ac.jp/kk09/o090321z.htm

John

Mike

Wow. Taken with a 10" newt too.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

How interesting!   At the resolution I am imaging, an astronaut is approx 3 pixels long so it is perfectly possible to spot one.

Even more interesting is that Ralf took his image less than a minute after my third image (Ralf Vandebergh is in the Netherlands):

Therefore, if Ralf is correct is assuming the bright patch is an astronaut then there ought to be an astronaut in my image also.  You'll notice that my image matches Ralf's almost exactly (rotate 180 degrees) but unfortunately mine is slightly more blurry and I can't see a bright patch in the same place.  But I will check the other frames I took during that pass.

BTW, what radiator damage is he referring to?

Mark

JohnP

I had a zoom in on your image & couldn't see anything either but it would be great if you did have something on one of them.....

John

MarkS

If you zoom in enough you ought to be able to read "Discovery" on the side of the shuttle.  It must be possible 'cos I've seen similar things at the movies ;-)