• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - February 20th 2009

Started by Mike, Jan 30, 2009, 08:54:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The next Deep Sky Camp will be from Friday 20th February to Monday 23rd. The Feb ones have traditionally been the best viewing, though also the coldest so bring plenty of warm clothes!

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

So who is going and what time are you getting there?

I am going on the Friday and plan to get there about 3pm.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I'll go on the Friday in the Caravan is its not too wet, if anyone needs a bed for the weekend let me know, the only caviat is you will need to help me hook the thing up.

Daniel

Im hoping I can go, although my mount is dead right now, going to have it looked at before then hopefully.

Fingers crossed, I really want to bring the C14 down this time!

Daniel
:O)

The Thing

Tuesnoad I presume? I may have to make some 'boots' for my tripod to stop it sinking in the mire!

Mike

Hopefully the ground will be nicely frozen.

Ian

I may or may not be there this month, I need to sweet-talk my in-laws. Hopefully the field will be firm enough not to need the Freelander...

Mac

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can GO.

I'll get there for friday, not too sure on the time yet.

Ian

you could at least *try* to look pleased Mac.

Carole

I am afraid I am waiting to see what the weather will be like.

Carole

Tony G

At a wedding on the Friday, so hopefully will be down on Saturday (with a hang-over no doubt) through to Monday.

Tony G

PS How unconsiderate to have a wedding knowing that DSC was on, as I tried to explain to the couple, but they just wouldn't listen.  :roll:

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

I'm coming whatever the weather (unless roads are impassable).  If the sky looks excellent, I'll take the afternoon off work and arrive in daylight.

Mark

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

So, presuming Paul is coming, that makes 8 definites and 3 maybes.

Ian

it's not looking like the ground's going to be frozen though...