• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

6.31 am and another clear night, quick ic405

Started by Rocket Pooch, Sep 30, 2008, 05:33:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

again needs to be processed, but I got RGB for M33, M45, IC405 and Ha to complete the packman, John got some good stuff as well as Fay so watch this space..

MarkS

I'm not familiar with IC405 but I do love that ethereal wispiness - you captured it well.

RobertM

I think I like this one more than the others, there's lot's of delicate nebulosity showing.  It just goes to show what you can record given dark skies and also puts into perspective what we've managed to achieve given our poor conditions here.

Any chance of attaching details with these wonderful images ?

Mike

Mark it's the Flaming Star nebula. Lovely image Chris. I hope you are going to try out some more esoteric objects as you have such great skies.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

The image was 10x10 minute ha for the L, then 6x5 minute for RGB, all 1x1, processed in AIP/Photoshop, Camera Atik 314L, ED80, Guiding Astro Art, guide rate x&y .08 pixel.

Now processed.....

MarkS

Chris,

All 3 images (Horsehead, Quintet & Flaming Star) look terrific now they've been processed and this Flaming Star one is definitely my favourite of the three.

Mark

Daniel

Im so jealous guy's, im loving the images your all sending back, all inky dark and with loads of colour variation.

Can anyone post a single sub? I'd love to see what your getting under dark skies.