• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M51 with CLS filter

Started by MarkS, Feb 25, 2008, 02:38:50

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Mark - definite improvement - sort out your guiding & 15min subs & you'll be laughing... :-)

Nice one - John

Fay

Mark, it is good seeing how much you can get out of your DSLR.
All your experiments are interesting especially as you often take on less safe subjects.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Thanks for your comments.
Dee says my guide ring system has arrived in the post.
Tonight's forecast looks hopeful and tomorrow I can lie in ...

Fay

Yes, I am going to try outside tonight, to test my webcam etc. I have a sore throat  & feel a bit rough, so hit & miss if I go out there or put it all away. Good luck.

Mike

Quote from: Fay on Mar 07, 2008, 16:32:14Yes, I am going to try outside tonight....

WHAT !!! Why won't you be at the Imaging Session !? DISGRACEFUL!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Mike I have sent you a mail.

Daniel

QuoteAre you a 3D artist Daniel? If so, what programs do you use?

Hi Mike, yes, im an effects artist, been working in the industry for 14 years now on films tv and games, though i also teach 3d at escape studios in shepherds bush.

I started out using 3d studio but mainly use maya these days

Fay

That's really interesting, Daniel

MarkS

I shot another 2 hours of M51 data tonight and added it to the data from the previous two attempts.  The result is here:

Fay

What an improvement Mark! Will you go further?

MarkS

Yes, I intend to take more.  I also want to take some under dark skies without the CLS filter to compare the colours - it is currently suffering from a nasty dose of greenish blue!

Daniel

Dark skies, that's my next major upgrade for my scope, i want to move somewhere i can see stars, went to norwich a couple of weeks back and could make out a feint fuzz of the milky way, stars looked a lot brighter too!

Mike

Just fit your scope with a 2 mile long dew shield, that way it pokes through the clouds !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan