• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Fluffy Image of Mars

Started by DavidCunningham, Mar 04, 2008, 16:03:27

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidCunningham

I did my first webcam image of Mars on a very cold night at High Elms. I've just got around to posting the image and thought I'd share.

This was stacked from about 2 minutes worth of .avi, and a bit of wavelet twiddling. The focus was difficult to get because the original image was so bad, and Mike advised me there was 'warm air turbulence in my telescope', so it's a bit fuzzy, but I'm relatively pleased that there are some features. 

Help!! Any idea why the picture isn't showing? :( (It is now - Rick. :) )

Ian

ah, that old picture posting old chestnut again :)

You need to copy the whole of the image source url. How to do this is different depending on whether you're using internet explorer or firefox.

However, once you have it, just past it into the message with the following tags either side {img} your url {/img} (but replacing the { with [ and so on)

there is a little button that has a picture of a picture on it just below the one with the bold "B" that does the same...

See Caroles thread discussing her mars image for more details.

DavidCunningham

aha... you mean...

I had the [img] bit but needed the IE bit.. God Bless Microsoft.
Thanks for the pointer!

JohnP

Hi Dave - pretty good - The blue channel is mis-aligned though. If you go into Reg there is an Auto RGB align on one of the last pages. Also you could sharpen a little with wavelets although need to be careful as image will start to get noisy though.

Great job,  John

Ian

that works :)

nice pic, I agree with John, it'll look much better.

Fay

Well done David, it is better than I have ever managed!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!