• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Antares Region from Spain

Started by Carole, Jun 02, 2019, 19:17:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I tried this a few weeks ago from Cairds, but wasn't very happy with it, so decided to do it again in Spain. 

I originally captured from here 2 years ago with my DSLR and a Skytracker and Nifty 50 lens approx 4 hours.
This time I took my cooled Atik460EX 12V adapter and sky Tracker with me to get it in Luminance,
BUT STUPID ME  after taking ages faffing around with the polar alignment, completely forgot to put the cooling on DUH!!!

I combined the luminance with the old DSLR data and although still not happy with the area around Antares itself and the red nebula below, I think this is the best I can do with a camera lens and Sky Tracker.  I am pretty rubbish with camera lens imaging.

So in summary:
Taken over 2 different holidays in Spain:
DSLR in 2017
Atik460EX Luminance only 2017
and combined
Nifty 50 lens @ F3.5
DSLR approx 4 hours using Nifty 50 & Zoom lens
Lum 30 x 3mins + 16 x 2 mins combined
Not happy with the nebulosity around and below Antares itself but I think I need to be somewhere with a telescope rather than a camera lens to do this any better.

Location is approx 7 miles south of Estepona (Bortle 5)

Slight revision to the colour:

Roberto

Very nice and colourful Carole! 

Roberto

Carole

Thanks Roberto.  Been trying to get this target for years, and it has taken 2 holidays in Spain and use of portable equipment to finally get it.

Carole 

NoelC

Rather terrific Carole!
Love the colour.
Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

MarkS

You've captured something that is more or less impossible from the UK.

A great, colourful result!

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark. 

I got home early hours this morning.  Planning on doing a re-process now I have my desktop and a few more tools available.

The above is better than anything I have managed to achieve before, but always striving to improve.

Can't believe I went all the way to Spain with portable kit then forgot to put the cooling on, but then this is what happens when you are out of your normal routine!!!!!

Carole

Carole

Not made a lot of difference the reprocess, but some small improvements: