• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Kelling Heath September 2015

Started by Carole, Aug 20, 2015, 09:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Quote from: Ivor on Aug 21, 2015, 14:04:39
I'm there Friday to Sunday lunch time, If I drive up after lunch on Friday is 3hrs 40mins a fair estimate for the driving time?

Last time took me 4.5h from Beckenham via the Blackwall tunnel, M11 etc. The last half is slooooww A-ish roads.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
Very funny Mark, I think Robert may be staying on in the rain etc now, because of the new tent, bed and saucepans!!!!!!!

Somehow I managed to misread that as BEDpan :)

Mark

Fay

Hope Robert is not getting that settled in!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

QuoteIf I drive up after lunch on Friday is 3hrs 40mins a fair estimate for the driving time?

Depends on how fast a driver you are and traffic conditions.  As Duncan says the last bit is slow due to only being A roads and I once got caught behind one tractor or agricultural vehicle after another.  I'd allow a bit more time if you can.

Carole

RobertM

Quote from: MarkS on Aug 21, 2015, 18:51:50
Quote from: Fay
Very funny Mark, I think Robert may be staying on in the rain etc now, because of the new tent, bed and saucepans!!!!!!!

Somehow I managed to misread that as BEDpan :)

Mark

You must have been thinking of Fay :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carole

QuoteSomehow I managed to misread that as BEDpan
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MarkS

Carole

5 pitches from me Mark I'm 365

Carole

RobertM

I'm on 358... and not cancelled yet :)

Ivor

I'm out in the wilderness T PR 174 somewhere in the new yellow dragonfly area. No white lights, cover for my laptop anything else I need to avoid upsetting my neighbours?

Carole

So long as you have no white lights anywhere Ivor including in your tent, you'll be OK.  Cover any torches with red filn unless you already had a red torch.  No opening car doors after dark unless you've taken the fuse out or you've covered your car lights in red film.  I find it best just to remove everything from the car before dark and not open it again. 

Carole

Sue

Just looked up our booking details  we will be on pitch 359.

MarkS

Carole

Well the weather forecast has improved somewhat, so I packed the van up today and will go tomorrow. 

See you all there.

Carole