• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Kelling Heath September 2015

Started by Carole, Aug 20, 2015, 09:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Quote from: Carole on Sep 07, 2015, 22:16:01
Well the weather forecast has improved somewhat, so I packed the van up today and will go tomorrow. 

See you all there.

Carole

Hope you get some good clear nights.  I hope to arrive early Friday afternoon.  I might stay until Monday.

Mark

Carole

Auroral activity tonight, I wonder whether they can see it at Kelling - trust us to miss it.  You may remember I saw some brief aurora there in 2011. 

I would have liked to have gone today, but by the time I had finished packing the van it was far too late to go.

Carole

Sue

Safe journey Carole, see you tomorrow.

Ivor

[Roger] Are you taking the society scope you are borrowing to Kelling?  I've got the new battery for it and I can bring it if you want.

Is there a supermarket nearby or am I better off bringing food with me?

Carole

I wasn't planning on bringing any more than my own stuff Ivor, and there is enough of that. :!

There is a camp shop on site you can buy pretty much most food things in there and also camping stuff.  Also a pub which serves meals, and another cafe/restaurant.

Carole

RobertM

Quote from: Carole on Sep 08, 2015, 11:16:53
Also a pub which serves meals ...

Carole

It also does great breakfasts :)

I should be there by tomorrow late afternoon/early evening, see you there.

julian

I will also be there by late afternoon

MarkS

Apparently, as soon as you arrive in person, you can book for next year at reception.  Telephone bookings will be not accepted until after the Star Party.  This deliberately gives preference to those who actually attend and especially those faithful regulars who get there early for a long Star Party.

Mark

MarkS

Hopefully you have a clear night tonight (Wednesday) and probably tomorrow as well :)

Mark

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Ivor on Sep 08, 2015, 08:55:02
[Roger] Are you taking the society scope you are borrowing to Kelling?  I've got the new battery for it and I can bring it if you want.

Is there a supermarket nearby or am I better off bringing food with me?
I'm not going to kelling Ivor, hopefully i can pick it up after, but my mother is seriously ill and i am spending a lot of time on the south coast for a while.
Also there is a hookup at Kelling.

Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Ivor

Sorry to hear your news Roger, I'll arrange another time.

Weather is looking worse so I'm not sure your missing too much.

RobertM

A quick report from kelling ...

Clear skies and sunshine ... this is what kelling is all about :)

Robert

Ivor

Glad you are enjoying yourselves, its clear here at the moment but not so good tomorrow when I turn up :(

Once I'm set up if I head for RED 360 will I find you lot around that area?

If I choose to book for next year when I get there what pitch should I request?

Carole

Yes it was a glorioius night last night apparently predicted to be clear but not Saturday and thunderstorms on Monday.

Yes we are all around that area Ivor.

Carole

MarkS

I'll bring along some cloud tomorrow.

It's not fair that you should have to suffer all that sun  8)

Mark