• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 19 - 21 June

Started by Carole, Jun 04, 2015, 08:09:47

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

if its the same as previous, carole will let cairds know how many want to go,

roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Sorry I've been away for a couple of days.

I have E Mailed Cairds with the following details: have I missed any-one?

Mike/ Petra
Carole
Julian
Roger possibly from Thursday
Robert maybe Thursday only
Jon C Possibly
Ivor/Kenny – Friday only

John might pop in
Fay Might visit

Carole

Carole

I've given the figures to Cairds to give them a rough idea of numbers.  He says there are 3 caravans besides us on site and no children.

Carole

Carole

Something to watch for/photograph on Saturday evening, this is a screen shot from Stellarium, but the Moon will be a thin crescent:

JohnP

I can see the Beehive cluster (M44) behind the tree as well ;-)

Mike

Might not be dark enough but we can give it a try.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

QuoteMight not be dark enough but we can give it a try.
Yes, might not be. 

Carole

Carole

Hmmm just taken a look at the weather forecast, currently looks like no clear skies, except maybe for those going on Thursday.

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Mike
Might not be dark enough but we can give it a try.

I had SQM 20.8 from midnight until 2am this morning (which is my usual reading).  So that's still pretty dark - even though "officially" it is astronomical twilight.

Mark

Carole

Weather forecasts are not looking good for Friday and Saturday, clouds and some rain on Saturday possibly.  I won't be coming unless there is a last minute change for weather forecast as I have other things I have put off doing because of DSC.

Carole

ApophisAstros

I wont be going either , Saturdays' weather made my decision for me.

Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Friday is looking better, but Saturday still looks grim.  So I am probably coming on Friday and will see what the forecast is for Saturday.

Carole

Mike

Quote from: Carole on Jun 18, 2015, 18:49:29
Friday is looking better, but Saturday still looks grim.  So I am probably coming on Friday and will see what the forecast is for Saturday.

Carole

Not sure where you are getting that forecast from. I see more cloud and a higher chance of rain.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

julian

Sorry everyone but due to the uncertainty with the weather this weekend I have decided not to go.   

Julian

Carole

QuoteNot sure where you are getting that forecast from. I see more cloud and a higher chance of rain.

This is the site I always use, it's only let me down twice in about 5 years. 

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Ticehurst/hour_by_hour.html

Where is every-one else looking?
If it's really not going to be even one clear night then no point in going?

Carole