• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cant sync photos on computer with Iphone..................

Started by Fay, May 24, 2015, 20:19:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

...since updating Itunes. I click on Photos, in I Cloud, but no option to download pictures from a chosen folder to phone.

Any ideas please

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Delphine

Hi Fay

I email photos to my iPhone - but that would be a pain of you want to do a lot of them.

Cheers
Delphine

Fay

Thanks for that Delphine. i will give it a go. makes me mad that things dont work as they did after doing updates!

Carole

I know the feeling Fay, that's why I don't do updates out of choice. 

They always think they are improving things, when in fact they are taking useful features away quite often.  It's like that with Word, things that I used at work which were great now either don't work at all or don't work as well as they did, plus they've added really annoying features like auto indenting which makes a real mess of layouts and you spend ages trying to rectify what was put in automatically that you didn't ask for  :! :!

Carole

Fay

Yes exactly!!

well I have done it via emails, but at the moment cant see the point of this silly I Tunes! i will probably get a Samsung when this contract runs out

Mike

Are you trying to download photos taken on your phone to your PC ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

I download pictures that make nice backgrounds,     :oops: a girl thing

Delphine

in my case to show photos to friends when I meet them for lunch.  Also a girl thing :lol:

Fay

Ha ha yes, i did it ok via email though, thanks Delphine

Mike

Why not save your photos on Flickr that way you can access them on ANY device?

Fay

Thanks Mike, another avenue to investigate. i was just trying to get uploads/downloads to work as it did, not as it does after doing updates

Mac

To get your photos from PC to Iphone do the following.
1) Create a folder called Myphotos or whatever you want to call it BUT IN YOUR PICTURES folder.
2) Copy over the photos you want to add to your iphone to this FOLDER.
3) Open Itunes and plug your iphone in, let it go through the sync phase.
4) click on the iphone icon in the top of itunes
5) click on the photos on the left hand side
6) tick sync photos from and then click on the selection to its right and then select the folder that you have just created, make sure it has all folders selected
7) click ok and then click sync at the bottom.

Depending on how many photos its going to copy over it may take a while.
I have mine set up so that it copys over all my work photos back to my iphone after they have been copyed to the pc.
You can also add folders to the directory you have created.
I have a folder called Iphone6 and within that I have 13 folders, 8 numbered from 1-2000 with my work photos in and 5 other folders so i can quickly find other photos i need.

Mac.

Fay

the problem is, Mac, i have not got the option to sync photos, it will not come up