• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cant sync photos on computer with Iphone..................

Started by Fay, May 24, 2015, 20:19:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

...since updating Itunes. I click on Photos, in I Cloud, but no option to download pictures from a chosen folder to phone.

Any ideas please

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Delphine

Hi Fay

I email photos to my iPhone - but that would be a pain of you want to do a lot of them.

Cheers
Delphine

Fay

Thanks for that Delphine. i will give it a go. makes me mad that things dont work as they did after doing updates!

Carole

I know the feeling Fay, that's why I don't do updates out of choice. 

They always think they are improving things, when in fact they are taking useful features away quite often.  It's like that with Word, things that I used at work which were great now either don't work at all or don't work as well as they did, plus they've added really annoying features like auto indenting which makes a real mess of layouts and you spend ages trying to rectify what was put in automatically that you didn't ask for  :! :!

Carole

Fay

Yes exactly!!

well I have done it via emails, but at the moment cant see the point of this silly I Tunes! i will probably get a Samsung when this contract runs out

Mike

Are you trying to download photos taken on your phone to your PC ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

I download pictures that make nice backgrounds,     :oops: a girl thing

Delphine

in my case to show photos to friends when I meet them for lunch.  Also a girl thing :lol:

Fay

Ha ha yes, i did it ok via email though, thanks Delphine

Mike

Why not save your photos on Flickr that way you can access them on ANY device?

Fay

Thanks Mike, another avenue to investigate. i was just trying to get uploads/downloads to work as it did, not as it does after doing updates

Mac

To get your photos from PC to Iphone do the following.
1) Create a folder called Myphotos or whatever you want to call it BUT IN YOUR PICTURES folder.
2) Copy over the photos you want to add to your iphone to this FOLDER.
3) Open Itunes and plug your iphone in, let it go through the sync phase.
4) click on the iphone icon in the top of itunes
5) click on the photos on the left hand side
6) tick sync photos from and then click on the selection to its right and then select the folder that you have just created, make sure it has all folders selected
7) click ok and then click sync at the bottom.

Depending on how many photos its going to copy over it may take a while.
I have mine set up so that it copys over all my work photos back to my iphone after they have been copyed to the pc.
You can also add folders to the directory you have created.
I have a folder called Iphone6 and within that I have 13 folders, 8 numbered from 1-2000 with my work photos in and 5 other folders so i can quickly find other photos i need.

Mac.

Fay

the problem is, Mac, i have not got the option to sync photos, it will not come up

Mac

If thats the case you need to uninstall Itunes and reinstall Itunes,
it might be that its just not installed correctly.

The version i am running is 12.0.1.26 and thats fine, i dont see the need to upgrade from this version so if you are still having problems,
it might be worth while trying to find this version and install that

Mac

Fay

Ok thanks for that Mac. I did reinstall but did not uninstall the previous version

Fay

well did that Mac, but still no options when pressing photos, i will have to continue with emailing them

Mac

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,
ok when you plug your iphone you should get the following pop up on your screen.

If you dont then the computer is not recognizing your iphone correctly, you will need to try a different usb port and if that doesnt work try a different lead.
Mine is only recognized if i plug the phone into a specific usb port, any other and its not seen.

Assuming you do get the pop up and you transfer over all your photos ( i normally set mine to delete them after transfer)
You then need to arrange your photos. for me this is as follows.

I have a folder in myphotos into which i post any photos i want to keep, this is called NewIphone6

and within that i have separate folders.

Now open Itunes up and you should see this image.

with all the options on the top left.
Music film tv podcast uni books apps ringtones internetradio and three dots.

When you plug your phone in you should get another icon next to it.
ta da..

clicking on this new icon should change the side menu to the following.
Summary
apps
Music
and towards the bottom photos.

On the left you should see the options for the iphone.
Clicking on the photo tab will give you the following.

Which is where you select the folder from your photo location to sync and it will copy back the photos you want to your iphone.

If you dont have Photos on the left then you will need to BACKUP your iphone and the reinstall the iphone software on to it as there is definatlly something wrong.

:! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :!
just checked the post and the forum has resized the photos so its hard to see the writing on the left. 
WHY
thats a silly setting on the forum, ok resize the images, but allow us to change the sizes back to the correct size if needed,
or at least set the image width to  1920 so thats its the same size as a standard widescreen monitor
I understand that if you post a 4096 pixel wide image its going to be huge and needs to be made smaller,
but something thats taken off of a wide screen monitor resized to it fits a NORMAL 1024 monitor,
maybe you should resize the images to 240 pixels so that they dont scroll off of the side of phones.
  :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :! :!

Mac.

Fay

Thanks a lot  Mac, i will concentrate on those instructions

Fay

Mac you have 128GB I have 8GB       :(

i get to where I press the word photos, and nothing comes up on the right

Rick

Quote from: Mac on May 28, 2015, 14:06:51but allow us to change the sizes back to the correct size if needed
Just click the image and it will be re-sized. You may need to go to the end of the post to find the horizontal scroll-bar though...

Mac

QuoteJust click the image and it will be re-sized. You may need to go to the end of the post to find the horizontal scroll-bar though...
Cool didn't know that :cheesy:
mac

Mike

Get an Android phone Fay. Way easier to use and not reliant on Apple software.

Plus FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE.

Fay

Thanks Mike I did have an Android before. i dont like the Apple software

Clicking on an image to resize is good to know Rick

Mac

QuoteClicking on an image to resize is good to know Rick
Glad it wasn't just me who didn't know that  :oops:

QuoteGet an Android phone Fay. Way easier to use and not reliant on Apple software.

Use Ifunbox, that why you never have to use apples software.
Unless the phone crashed and you need to reinstall it.

I loved Android, but the only reason i left it and went back to Apple was the battery life of my Device Galaxy S3,
I could unplug my device at 21:30 to goto work and by 2am the battery was flat.
Even after a full restore with every piece of software removed, wifi off, 4G off and everything else turned off, screen brightness at its lowest,
I still couldn't manage to get it to last a whole shift. After installing a battery monitoring program and logging it for the whole battery charge, it appears there was
some core process that would get stuck and stay at 33% cpu, which stuffed the battery life, I never did manage to get to the bottom of that.

I do agree though the Software that Apple has produced as of late need a definite rework, it seems that they have lost their way.
Thats why i mainly use Ifunbox to access my Idevices and Itunes just to download as save the apps.
Once i have downloaded an app I copy it over to a different folder
That way i can reistall older versions of apps before they had all the bloody adverts and bloatware added.

Mac.

Mike

I've got the Note 4. Runs all day and still has about 50% left at the end and i'm what you'd call a heavy user.

RobertM

Must admit I gave up with android long ago as I wanted something that just worked.  I suspect it's improved a lot but I'm very happy with iOS so won't be moving anytime soon.  Two days runtime is about average these days, I get 3-4 with light use.  The only gripe I have with my iPhone is import and export but iFunbox looks like just the ticket.  Thanks for posting that Mac.