• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Newbie from Croydon

Started by Marek, Jan 24, 2014, 06:03:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Marek

Hello to All!

My name is Marek,started my interest in Astronomy just before Christmas,still doing a lot of reading and  leraning the sky,the reason was very prosaic,I had attempted lunar photography with my canon 7D on the tripod with Tamron telelens,and I did so ut tripod gave away and broke down,and decided to move on and get a telescope:)
I did get an ED 80 PRO APO but only OTA,it was second hand,very reasonable price!Still collecting fund for a decent mount thinking od an Ioptron IEQ45 or a NEQ6 by Skywatcher,and guiding later on when I familiaraze myself with the setup:)Socialwise I'm married,two lovely kids 8 and 24 days(newborn),working as the anaesthetic nurse in one of the private hospitals in London,forgot to mention that I'm polish,living currently in Croydon.I like good music mainly end of sixties and seventies i.e Led Zeppelin,Deep Purple,Pink Floyd ,Cream and so on:)Warm hello from Croydon

MarkS

Welcome to the forum Marek and welcome to astrophotography.  I'm sure it will bring much enjoyment and, on occasions, much frustration!

If you're able to get along to one of our deep sky camps you'll be able to learn a lot from the rest of us.  But we're always happy to answer questions posed on the forum.

Mark

Rick

Hi Marek. Thanks for posting your introduction. You should now be able to post elsewhere in the forum.

Marek

Thx for the invite Mark,as I said to Rick while signing up to the forum ,I won't be able to attend the one with the end of January but hopefully next one and one of the obs evenings:)Glad to feel welcome!

MarkH

Welcome aboard Marek, I'm relative newbie here as well and you've chosen a great bunch of guys here. Some are really nuts. I've already done my first DSC and it was a real hoot, great fun, highly recommended. I note some excellent music tastes there.
Mark.

Marek

I  know for sure that Carole Pope belongs here ,(this is how I found out the forum),she produces most spectacular shots and always inspires with her photographs:)Glad that you Mark H appriciate Classic \rock,or progress always on my mind:)

Carole

Hi Marek, Yes this is my local group.  

Look forward to seeing you in the near future, do come and join the group as you are not so far away. 

Just checking how I know you.  

Thanks for your nice comments but you should see some of the other images produced here - take a look at the gallery and astrophotography forum.  

Welcome to the OAS forum.  

Carole

Marek

Just checking how I know you.  I hope that I haven't jumped the cue with mentioning your name Carole,just to clarify we haven't met ever I visited your website via Astronomy Shed Forum,and simply your pictures stood out of the crowd:)i decided to join here because is the closest astronomy society to my house.sorry if I confused you a little!

Carole

No problem.  I thought maybe I had chatted with you on another forum or something as with people using varying avatar names sometimes it's a job to know.

Look forward to meeting you at one of our observing/camping/imaging/monthly meetings.

Carole

Roy

Hi Marek,

Look forward to meeting you and great teatse in music.

Roy and Sue