• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDSC - 5th to 7th July - Blacklands

Started by Mike, Jun 25, 2013, 20:44:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Quote from: Rick on Jul 07, 2013, 12:29:44
Quote from: mickw on Jul 07, 2013, 12:09:04Kill 'em all  :twisted:
Light pollution is apparently doing a good job of killing off glow-worms all by itself...

They could also join this forum. :cheesy:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Well we had a great weekend. What a scorcher!!

Nobody did any imaging Friday night as it was too hot and nobody could be bothered to set up. Also, the sky was a little murky that night.

Ssaturday night was much clearer. Like Mark said, murky to start with and cleared later. We were up until about 3.30am.

Duncan got some great images of the dumbbell. I was doing the same object but had guiding issues. Started again and rebalanced everything which helped for the DEC axis but I had oscillation on the RA axis. Weirdly, when I tried PHD2 I was then getting sub .25 pixel guiding. But it was gone 2am by then and I didn't have the time to do any proper imaging. I got a few frames only.

Overall a really nice weekend with fantastic weather.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan