• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 5th to 7th April

Started by Mike, Apr 02, 2013, 08:56:00

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Hot dogs now in orbit !!!

[Joke]

Fay

what a good  idea. i thought only i came up with plans like that  :o
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

I think the special guest should get into one of your sleeping bags with you, in case he freezes to death tonight!

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: Fay on Apr 07, 2013, 00:15:03
I think the special guest should get into one of your sleeping bags with you, in case he freezes to death tonight!

Fay,

I popped down there yesterday and you do not want that special guest in your sleeping bag, or I would not anyway.

Was nice and chilly around here last night, I wonder if they are all cold?

Chris

Fay

Carole

If this is some-one who wishes to stay anonymous and is very special and gives out autographs, I am wondering whether it is some-one from Sky at Night, as the new team are talking about getting involved with amateurs and their astronomical activities. 

I hope we are going to be enlightened once the weekend is over, the suspense is killing me.

Either that or you're pulling our legs.  :!

Carole

MarkS

Was -7.5C last night.  Colder than the infamous DSC at Stairs Farm.

Fay

Carole

QuoteWas -7.5C last night.
OMG, I am glad I didn't come.

Did you all get some good imaging time, it was clear here all night except for a small amount of passing cloud just before mightnight which didn't last long?

Was up until 3am.

Carole

mickw

Thanks Mike, that's fantastic !

How long is he in the country ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

The Thing

-7.5C! Something wrong with my thermometer as it said +3C here :roll:

Glad I wasn't there or I would have iced lung or some such this morning :unwell:. Hot Dogs would have been welcome though - of course if I'd made it we'd have been able to use my electric hob, probably to sit round trying to warm up!

The skies were very transparent in Beckenham so I have some subs to process at last, how did imaging go last night? Mike comet image looks great and I'm guessing Mark got some as well.

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

Mike

Well you all missed a great weekend. Great skies and it was gorgeous and warm today.

I hope our special guest also enjoyed it.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Jim

Yes a great weekend. My attempt at the comet.
4 x 2 min subs CCD CLS filter. Unguided.

[/url]