• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

hi everyone

Started by annabie, Jun 18, 2010, 11:15:54

Previous topic - Next topic

annabie

I'm Anna from US. I have just started studying about astronomy. Hope to have new friends here.
:cheesy:

Tony G

Hi Anna,

Welcome to the OAS board, where there is an anwser for every question asked, whether it be about astronomy or not, but I must warn you the answer may not be the correct one. ;)
Where abouts in the US are you from, and don't tell us one of those places, in the middle of some vast region of open land, with no light pollution, and where the stars are so bright that you do not need any form of lighting after dark, because you will only make a few on here jealous. :)
Anyway we are a friendly bunch, so make yourself known on the forum.
Welcome again.

Tony G

PS....................I am writing this slowly, because of the time difference between the US & the UK.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

PhilB

Hi, Anna. Welcome aboard.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

doug

A very warm welcome from Rose and Doug; hope that you will be able to keep posting on the Forum. Nice to hear from peeble across the Pond.

Doug. :)
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Nice to have some-one from the US talking to us.  Which part are you from?  As you are probably discovering Astronomy is a fascinating hobby so feel free to chat with us, ask questions etc etc.

Are you coming to the next meeting? :cheesy:

Carole

Ian

Hi Anna,

please post a reply soon, because right now I think there's a good chance you're spamming.

Please prove me wrong :)

Thanks.

Tony G

OH NO! I haven't been had by a spammer. Oh the shame. :oops:
If this is true, I will feel violated.
Please say it isn't so, Anna.

Tony G

PS..................I've applied for 4 jobs on that link. ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!