• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

No home page?????

Started by doug, Aug 16, 2009, 10:02:55

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

As some may know, I`ve been having a few problems with the stupid laptop ... keeps on coming up with cookies????? and "healing " them.  :(

Now I can`t access the home page; I just get a blank page when I click on the shortcut.  I had to get to this part of the Forum by calling up the URL on the browser (I hope that is the correct terminology).

Has anybody else had a problem, or is it just me being an idiot ..... no, don`t answer that .....

I don`t know what`s happening with this computer and I have done all the suggestions that I was advised to do.  It did help, thanks Mick and Mac, but I really will have to get the b****y thing sorted eventually.

Desperate Doug  :evil:
Always look on the bright side of life ...

mickw

Looks like the Society homepage is broken

Strangely it might not be something you did ;)

Can't explain your problems getting on the forum though
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Looking into it.

Has anyone tried modifying the main website in the last 24 hours?

If so, please could they drop me a note of what they tried changing.

Ian

not guilty. Blame him -->

Rick

I've checked the database. It seems to be all present and correct.

I've checked the files. They don't seem to have changed recently.

I've tried disabling the function that seems to be causing the trouble (the SEF extension that turns hideous long URLs into something readable). Didn't make any difference.

Still investigating...

Ticket submitted to EZPZ, mainly asking whether they can see any error messages I can't see that might help identify the problem...

Rick

doug

Well done. Rick ....... again.  It wasn`t me wot mangled it, woz it, this time.  Thank Gawd. :) 
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Rick

I sure hope not...

I think the problem was tripped by a security tweak that caused some slightly less than secure code to stop working...