• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

gallery etc etc

Started by Fay, Sep 20, 2008, 19:16:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Rick,
I am not given the option to upload to the gallery & have to sign in every time.
gallery says my browser does not accept scripts cookies.

I have other problems which may be related, could not send you a mail via your mail address. Cannot get into Orange mail , it does not recognise my password & Nortons says my computer is at risk although I have updated virus protection etc.

Have you any idea what has gone wrong on my computer, which could cause these problems.....I hope so.

Thanks a lot,

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rick

Erm... Yeah... That sounds a bit more general, if you can't get at mail either. What browser are you using? Has it had an update recently?

Fay

Rick,

my mail comes in ok but I cannot get on the server to look at the 100 spams that come in every day.

Not sure what browser is, windows explorer? I started an update a few days ago & stopped it in the middle. I tried to take the computer back a few days but it said that no system changes had happened during the dates I chose.
I tried to send you a mail via the address on members bit, but it did not get to you & the address looked all gobbley gook.

Fay

Rick

Ummm... Sounds a bit like something got scrambled... Exactly what, I wouldn't like to guess...

Might be as simple as getting whatever updates fully installed. Might be more complicated. I'd ask a Windows expert...

Fay

Rick,

I messed about with the computer today, did a restore etc & don't know what I did, but it seems ok now.

Thanks,

Fay