• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

What TIMES are the NAW events?

Started by Rick, Aug 24, 2003, 22:02:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

I could really use some information on times for the NAW events listed on the special events page.

Please can someone post a definitive list of times either here or in the Announcements forum.

Greg

Thursday is 7:00pm for 8:00pm at High Elms Nature Centre - Talk by Greg entitled The Planet Mars.

Saturday 8:00pm at High Elms Nature Centre - Talk about Mars slightly different more about Man's future plans, and another short talk by Gilbert on aspects of how Mars moves in the sky and how / when oppositions occur. We may have to provide some fillers if the weather is bad - the 3D talk always goes down well.

The observations will be done from the top field where it is flat.

For Saturday, we need carpark attendants - please someone volunteer for that. Athough we do have keys to open the lower carpark if people get locked in. I have asked for a late locking up by the parks department.

Rick

7pm?! Will the High Elms Rangers be on site to unlock things, or does someone want to collect the keys from me? (If so, it had better be this evening.) I'm sometimes pushed to make 7:30pm, and 7:00pm will be touch-and-go....

Greg

Sorry Rick, that's 7:30pm not 7:00pm for tonight.

Rick

Phew! Yeah, I'll make it by 7:30, M23/M25 permitting... :wink:

Mike

Greg,

Did you speak to the rangers ?

Rick,

The info. on the website needs updating as I believe Anton is no longer coming.

Cheers.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Rick

Added some of the usual post-meet tweaks last night.