• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC 2264 and friends in Monoceros (Cone, Christmas Tree and Fox Fur)

Started by The Thing, Feb 08, 2023, 17:09:18

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Group of 148 Light frames (126 active) x240s - 9.8 hours during the full moon. Respect to the Optolong lEnhance filter! I may have overdone Dark Structure Enhance in Pixinsight and Live Denoise in Affinity. But it looks lovely :)

Gain 120, Offset 4, Temp-5c

Image date, time and location: 2023-02-07, Manche, France
Telescope aperture and focal ratio: TS1506UNC, TSGPU Coma Corrector, f4 Fl 607mm
Camera and filters used: ZWO ASI294MC Pro, Optolong lEnhance dual band filter
Processing applied: Pixinsight, Affinity Photo 2

Click for Full Size

Carole

The Thing

Thanks Carole.

I'm going to redo some of the post-process, I used a 'new' Pixinsight stretching process (Generalised Hyperbolic Stretch) before looking at the videos explaining how to use it. It is is lot more complex and capable than any I've used before but I should be able to make a lot more of this much good data if I do it right.

Carole

Just to clarify (from the point of view of presenting at Members Images) is this done in narrowband dual band only i.e. not combined with a normal RGB image?

Carole

The Thing

Quote from: Carole on Feb 09, 2023, 16:27:26Just to clarify (from the point of view of presenting at Members Images) is this done in narrowband dual band only i.e. not combined with a normal RGB image?

Carole

Yes, no RGB just Ha and OIII with a bit of Hb next to it. It's quite a wide dual band filter, almost a tri-band.

Roberto