• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

C/2022 E3 (ZTF) 19 Jan 2023, Manche, France

Started by The Thing, Jan 21, 2023, 14:08:21

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

I'm glad I managed to grab this. Two hours of data on the first clear night in ages in this neck of the woods.

Image date, time and location:   2023-01-19, Manche, France
Telescope aperture and focal ratio:   TS1506UNC, TSGPU Coma Corrector, f4 Fl 607mm
Camera and filters used:   ZWO ASI294MC Pro, Svbony UV/IR
Processing applied:   DeepSkyStacker, Pixinsight, Affinity 2.0
Filesize:   8322 KiB
Dimensions:   3351 x 2619 pixels

Full Size Version

The Thing

Ah, just been looking at someone else's version on Cloudy Nights and the bit below the nucleus, which I was trying to remove, is actually a feature, an "anti-tail"  8) . Now I'll have to reprocess again with less of a crop at the bottom.

MarkS

You captured it!  Good colour there.  I did wonder why it was cropped so tightly.  Yes, don't cut off the anti-tail.

The Thing

Quote from: MarkS on Jan 21, 2023, 22:51:37You captured it!  Good colour there.  I did wonder why it was cropped so tightly.  Yes, don't cut off the anti-tail.
Thanks Mark. This is the image scale, not a drastic crop except the sides and 200ish pixels at the bottom. I might go for stars and comet stacks and leave the crop alone.

Carole

Looks good Duncan.
It will be included in next minths images as l already sent tge file to the Chairman and Dec and Jan combined are already large so spreading it iut a bit.

Carole

garrick

I really like this image.

Clearly skies,

GW

Roberto