• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cone Nebula NGC2264 wide field (now with extra data)

Started by Carole, Feb 25, 2022, 14:18:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

This is a bit noisy so planning to get a further night on it so it is a WIP ATM.

Taken from Home,
Atik460EX and Samyang 135mm @ F2.8
Ha 29 x 600 (4h 50mins)
Oiii 18 x 300 binned 1 hour 10m
Sii 19 x 300 binned 1 hour 35 mins.
Total 7h55m (near enough 8 hours)

SHO

Original result,. see below with extra data. 

Now with an Extra 2 hours Ha added giving a total of 9 hours 55mins (near enough 10 hours).
I have left original in place so that there is a comparison.

ApophisAstros

Very nice , Carole.
You certainly get the most out of your problem sky.
Rog
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

RobertM

Carole

Thanks Roger and Robert.

Imaging it again tonight.

Carole

ApophisAstros

That additional data has really improved it , so much more detail. Just shows the more data the better.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Thanks Roger, yes that definitely is the case.  I have found combining new images with old data - provided the old data is OK - works really well giving much longer total data than I would have the patience for if I did it all in one go.

Carole

Roberto

This is excellent Carole!  Although the second version is clearly smoother and has more data, I prefer the way you presented the first in terms of contrast.  Subjective opinion though; it's a great shot.

Roberto

Carole

Thanks Roberto.  I must admit I was having similar thoughts.

Carole

garrick

Nice images Carole. Composition is great. First image is better. Stars sharper, and background nicer. More natural feeling to the image.

Clear Skies,

GW

Carole

Thanks Garrick.  Seems l might need to take another look at this since 2 of you prefer the original. 

Carole