• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

A few shots of the Moon - 10 February 2022 - with 10" f/20 Maksutov

Started by Roberto, Feb 13, 2022, 09:40:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

Hello

For the Moon lovers, a few shots of the Moon taken last week when the seeing improved (somewhat).  I love the shadows of the ridges showing on the craters' surfaces.

Eratostenes, Mons Wolff and Sinus Aestuum

Plato, Mons Alpes, Vallis Alpes

Rupes Recta, Birt and Rima Birt

Clavius, Porter, Rutherford and Blancanus

Longomontanus

Copernicus Crater

More details here:  https://www.astrobin.com/z7wbaa/F/

All very fast (<0.5ms shots), stacked (500 or so frames) before processed in Astrosurface.

Roberto

JohnH

Lovely images Roberto. Whilst I am not a huge fan of the moon I have often gone back to look at Rupes Recta although I was disappointed to discover that it is not so much a wall as a fairly gentle slope. Notwithstanding, it is still an impressive sight.

John
Sir Isaac Newton should have said, "If I have seen further than others it is by inventing my own telescope".

Carole

Lovely shots Roberto, you seem to have so many talents in imaging.

Carole

RobertM

As others have said, these are really excellent shots.

I notice you use an asi462 and the 742 filter.  ZWO sent me a $70 camera voucher before christmas so I bought one myself about a month ago (already have a 742 filter), I hope to have a go on the moon myself soon.  I wish I had a two mount setup like you do; it makes things so much less complicated !

Robert

Hugh

Thank you Roberto.

I don't think we get enough of the Moon, so good of you to remind us that it is still a popular target!

Hugh :D

Roberto

Thank you All!  You are too kind.

Robert, yes, I've found that the colour camera with the IR filter is very effective on the Moon.  I may try a fast mono planetary camera I recently bought with that filter next time the seeing cooperates.

Roberto