• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC2574 and M42 region from Petts Wood

Started by Roberto, Feb 11, 2022, 13:14:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

A couple of images taken over the last few weeks as I beta test a version of the astroimaging software I use (Voyager) that now automates target selection.

IC2574 in Ursa Major - https://www.astrobin.com/83wwcg/C/

Some 17hrs composed of close to 10hrs of Luminance (through LP filter) and 7hrs of OSC data with my usual tandem setup.

IC2574 is also known as Coddington's Nebula and it'ss a faint dwarf galaxy which forms part of the same galaxy group as M81 and M82.  Although it rides high in the early morning sky this time of the year, it sits above the light pollution dome of London to the north of my house.  I should really add Ha data to show its active regions but weather has prevented this.

M42, M43, etc in NGC1976 area - https://www.astrobin.com/u7jrjg/G/

An "easier" target to image although it barely clears the roof of my house to the south of my RoR for more than 2hrs a night. 

Close to 7hrs split between L and OSC RGB.

Wide field

Close-up from the larger refractor and at higher resolution

Roberto

Carole

Wow, you're really blazing a trailo Robertp with some of your images, never been seen here before.
Great resolution, even the small galaxy when enlarged.

Do you want both version of M42 presented or shall i just post the larger one?

Carole

Roberto

Carole - thank you! Maybe the wide field version as though noisier shows better the dust surrounding the nebulae.

Roberto

RobertM

Great images Roberto !

I must get imaging again but unfortunately I've been caught by a few collimation woes ( :wall:  ) but hopefully I'll be there before too long.

garrick

You got the trapezium. :P

Great image.

GW

ApophisAstros

Agree with all above , really nice Roberto,
Roger.
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.