• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Network Cable Plug Repair

Started by Roy, Jan 13, 2022, 14:41:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Is there anyone around who could replace the broken RJ45 plug on the end of my EQ-Dir cable for some beer tokens? Basically the thin plastic clip on the plug has broken off (a well know fault with network type cables) which means the plug keeps falling out of the mount - not ideal when one is trying for sub arcminute tracking!

Cheers

Roy

Carole

That's annoying Roy, not within my capabilities I am afraid.

Carole

RobertM

Hi Roy,

Happy New Year !

I could do that plus I also have some spare Network plugs and even possibly a spare complete EQDIR cable: would have to check my (many) boxes of spares.

Best
Robert
PS I would hope that arcmins is a typo ;)

Roy

Robert,

That would be brilliant, I bring the cable over when it's convenient.

Cheers

Roy

RobertM

Hi Roy,

You could come almost any time.  House is a bit of a tip but as long as you don't mind that's fine with us.

Text me on my mobile... pm'd

Robert

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Carole on Jan 13, 2022, 15:15:42
That's annoying Roy, not within my capabilities I am afraid.

Carole

I can usually get pretty close.

Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

@Roger, I was referring to the repair not being within my capabilities.

Carole

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Roy

I would just like to thank Robert again for helping me. The scope worked well and I used the opportunity to get to grips with optimising dithering.

Roy

Carole

That's great Robert.  It's a great hobby where no one minds helping their peers.
Carole