• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Phantom of the Opera Sh2-173

Started by Carole, Jan 03, 2022, 16:22:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

This was hard work.  I started it back in February 2021 with my then Esprit, but didn't get enough data and abandoned it until November 2021 when I had another go at it with my dual rig.  Had some problems with my initial dual rig set up insomuch as USB and software hanging problems and my second laptop had not been set to do anything after leaving it unattended after 10 minutes so only got 1 sub from that 2nd camera,  So again did not get much data.

An unexpected clear half night last night allowed me to get some more data despite my 2nd laptop conking out half way through and would not work again until after I gave it an accidental whack indoors this morning.

So this is combined data from 3 different set ups.  All from Home location Bortle 8.

Esprit100 and Atik460EX  8 x 600 Ha February 2021 (1 hour 20 mins)
Then November 2021 and January 2022 using a dual rig
WOZS71 and Atik428EX Ha only 6 x 600  (1 houtr)
ED80 and Atik460EX Ha 6 x 600 Ha (1 hour)
ED80 and Atik460EX RGB 17 subs totalling (1 hour RGB)
HEQ5, Manual filter wheel and AtikEFW2

Total imaging time 5 hours 40 mins  HaRGB

doug

I trust that all of the images from all the imagers will be on the next Observing Officers report. Looking forward to viewing them.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

They are going to be presented separately from the Observing report from now on Doug. 
It made more sense that an imager presented them and since I seem to be the designated committee member for imaging and do the calendar, I shall be presenting them for the foreseeable future. 

Guess this became part of the observing report from back in Mike's days when he was both Observing officer and an imager.

Carole

Hugh

Wow!  Not sure if it is your processing Carole but the Mask face is so clear!

Hugh

Carole

Thanks Hugh.  In processing you do have to do your best to bring out the detail in images, indeed processing is an artform in itself and takes a long time to learn how to make the best of an image.

Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear of course and with these LP skies it can be a challenge at times and only so far you can go without going to darker skies.  Nothing false added of course.

Carole

Roberto

This is a very difficult object Carole - you have done it plenty of justice!

Roberto

Carole