• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sunny morning in Petts Wood - Full disc and prominence animation

Started by Roberto, Jun 14, 2021, 09:05:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

Yesterday's morning Sun (13 June):

Details here: https://www.astrobin.com/dpmuhy/B/

Full disc

And prominence from 08:30 to 11:05 UT

Roberto

Carole

Loving all your solar images Roberto.  I think I am going to have a separate folder for all your solar stuff when we come to choose the Calendar images next year.  Is there any chance you could put some sort of label in the title to make it easier to identify one from the other. 

Perhaps the date would help in the title, as the dates in the index change according to the last post.

Thanks

Carole

ApophisAstros

Nice Roberto on the first disc image how would you get rid of the yellow glow on the inside as it should be a uniform colour , with Flats perhaps?
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Roberto

Hi Carole

If any of the images are to be in the calendar, I can certainly give you full specifications of the AR and date.

Roger,

It's a bit of a hit and miss.  Although the disc is colorised for appearance, there is a true darkening of the limb in the image from acquisition.  I agree the centre of this one may be too bright.

Roberto

Carole

Thanks Roberto, So long as you can identify which one it is.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Roberto on Jun 14, 2021, 09:05:09

And prominence from 08:30 to 11:05 UT

Roberto

This shows how an uneven cauldron of fire on the surface shows  , so in no way a round disc !
Great job.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

RichardL

I could watch that video all day long! Absolutely amazing!

RobertM

Roberto

Richard, Robert

Many thanks! I'm glad I captured some solar shots last month and earlier this one as it seems it's the last we saw of it this summer!

Roberto