• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

UDSC this weekend

Started by Carole, Oct 15, 2014, 18:15:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I was supposed to be going to Peak Star [arty this weekend, but the weather is looking a washout up there, but at the moment it is looking OK for Saturday night at Robertsbridge. 

So I am thinking of doing a one nighter on Saturday at Cairds Campsite if any-one fancies joining me.

Carole

MarkS

Hmm...

Met Office forecast shows solid cloud with rain at midnight :(

Meanwhile Daily Express is forecasting Arctic conditions and the coldest Winter for a Century, beginning almost imminently.  Apparently, it will bring the country to a grinding standstill for 5 months :)

Hold on, that's after this weekend's forthcoming mini heatwave!

Mark

Carole

This is the site that I use for forecasts, it's only let me down twice in 3 years, but there could always be a 3rd one.

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Robertsbridge/long.html

Since I posted the above what was forecast as clear after midnight, is now partly cloud, so will have to keep monitoring the forecast.  Be nice to know if any-one else wants to come if the forecast is promising though.

Carole

Ivor

Sorry I can't this month, my wife has left me to contain the children on my own from today through the whole weekend.

Tony G

There is another UDSC in Arizona this weekend. 
And the skies are clear. :cheesy:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson