• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

UDSC 27 - 29th June

Started by Carole, Jun 16, 2014, 08:04:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Any-one up for it?

I know the night will be short, but if the sky is clear I'd still like to go.

Carole

Fay

sadly i have visitors from the North that weekend
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

I'd love to go, but alas Im having my head opp on the 19th after waiting over 870 days, dont you love the NHS.
Im hoping that it might be healed a bit better for the next one.

Mac.

Mike

Our weekends are booked up for a little while yet so we can't come either. Hope to make the July one though.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

I'm a bit busy that weekend and will have no car but I might be able to make the Saturday night only.

[Edit:  I've just realised I can't make the Saturday either :(   But July DSC is in the diary!]

The Thing

I'll be around for the July DSC. Looking forward to it already!

MarkH

I would love to be there if I can, fingers crossed .......

Carole

OK, shame you are all busy, though maybe the weather may not play ball anyway.

Good luck with your op Mac.

So looks like it could be me and Mark H and any-one else who hasn't replied yet. 

Carole

Carole

Well only MarkH has shown interest in next weekend and it's weather dependent anyway, but this is the reply I got from Cairds Campsite:

QuoteWe have space for one campervan and also some tents. The pod is booked for the weekend.

So post here if you want to come and we'll make a decision later in the week.  There are still a few who haven't replied on this thread.

QuoteIm having my head opp on the 19th
Did you get you op Mac?

Carole

MarkH

Sorry Carole my mum has had a fall and ended up in the PRU  not good, so I'm out I'm afraid.

Mac

QuoteDid you get you op Mac?

Yup, all went well 80 mins under the knife,
Head's a tad sore (understatement!)
Its amazing how much pain you can feel when overdosed with paracetamol and nurofen.

Mac.

Mike

What was the purpose of this op Mac ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

OK, so unless any-one else says they are interested, if the weather is OK I'll go on my own as there are objects I want to image from a dark site.  If any-one finds they can come at the last minute, let me know.  I'll go to Cairds rather than Running Waters on this occasion.  

Carole

Carole

QuoteWhat was the purpose of this op Mac ?
If I remember rightly, wasn't it a cyst that needed cutting out or something.

Carole

Fay

Hope all settles down quick Mac, you have waited long enough
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!