• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Last Minute Bank Holiday Imaging Night at Mark's

Started by MarkS, Apr 30, 2014, 08:31:41

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Quote from: Mike
Thanks Mark. Petra and I would like to come too please. Especially as we missed the last one.

We will do a trip to the chippy too to save Dee having to go to any trouble.

OK - it'll be good to see you.

Mark

Ivor

Mark thanks for the kind offer, I can't make Friday night as we have friends over. I hope to get the excuse to get the telescope out to show them Mars, that way I'll get to test out the mount guiding before considering imaging away from home.

If it all looks well I might take you up the Saturday night offer if others are there.

julian

Thanks Mark I will see you tonight.

I will be there for Friday night only, then I will have 3 days to work on the van!

Julian

MarkS

Quote from: julian
I will have 3 days to work on the van!

Cool!  Hope you get it completed.

doug

Hi Mark. Rose and I would very much like to come, but we won`t stay over. Rose will bring her small dobbo ... she hasn`t had much opportunity to use it yet, so your place would be fine. See you on Friday evening.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

MarkS

Quote from: doug
    Rose and I would very much like to come

See you tonight.

Mike

Thanks Mark and Dee for a great Imaging Session and of course your hospitality.

Mike & Petra.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Yes thanks a lot, very generous of you to ask us, as usual
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

Thanks for the  great evening, Mark and Dee, and for getting the chips. Although Rose didn`t image, she had fun using her little dobbo. Hope everything goes well for the Saturday.

Doug.

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Kenny

Sorry I missed it. I need to read the forum more regularly. Until next time.

Carole

What a fantastic couple of night clear skies.  Friday was better, but still got some imaging done on Saturday.

Many thanks Mark and Dee for opening your home and garden up to us all, and thanks Dee for the food etc.

Sweet little dogs and filly in the next field.
Also thanks Mark for helping me pack up due to being slightly unwell.

Carole

julian

Thanks for the  great night, Mark and Dee.
I liked playing with the dogs more than doing the imaging.

The Thing

I was a great couple of nights, hugely enjoyable. Thanks to Dee for the bacon and sausage sarnies and cups of tea.

The dogs were great as well except when Oscar kept banging a long stick against the tripod leg to get my attention on Saturday night! Crafty blighter :chase: :chase:

MarkS

It was an enjoyable time having you all over.  I didn't get any successful imaging done because of a focusing drift issue on the C11 which Duncan and I diagnosed (kind of) on the 2nd night and a USB hub problem with the Tak Epsilon.

The Friday night sky was better than average (SQM 21.1) but the Saturday sky was average darkness (SQM 20.8 ) with less than average transparency.  That said, 2 clear nights in sucession is probably a record for this year!

The dogs seemed to enjoy it as well.

Mark