• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cant get google chrome themes to install

Started by Fay, Apr 23, 2014, 14:19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

in Themes/ google chrome, you should be able to select a background & have that on the screen. i dont have a download button just a button saying Free, when it should say download or select.

anyone any ideas?

THanks
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

are you using my host file?

pound to a penny you are.

Somewhere in that files is a reference to google, disabling all the advertising sites, ect.
Just rename the host file to something else, install your theme ect, and then rename your host file back.

I'll have a dig through and try and remove all of the google stuff, and then email you it again.

DONT FORGET TO STOP ANY PROGRAMS YOU DONT WANT CONTACTING THE INTERNET BEFORE YOU RENAME THE HOST,

otherwise they will get through to the bits that you dont want them to get through to,
know what i mean....................

Mac

Fay

Fay

Ran Malwarebytes and it came up with a lot of junk to delete, including Search Conduit. deleted all and Google Chrome themes worked straight away.

Just two problems left now, screen wont switch off after a certain time and screensavers wont work.

mickw

QuoteJust two problems left now

There's only one problem, it starts with F and ends with a Y  :lol:

Screen blanking is in control panel, power settings, choose when to turn screen off.

Screensaver - right click on desktop, chose personalise then screensaver.

If none of this works, run malwarebytes again
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

mickw

Did you say that you had a wireless mouse or keyboard that kept sending signals to the PC as though you were using them ?

That could stop the screen blanking and screensaver.
If you have a corded mouse and keyboard, they would prove it one way or another.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

sorted out the problems of monitor not turning off after a certain time and screensavers not working.

updated the drivers of the wireless mouse and keyboard.....simples!!!!!!!!!! only took 2 months to sort it!!

Mac

Quoteonly took 2 months to sort it!!

Better then PC World then.

They would have taken about six months and then just reformatted your hard disk and re-installed your operating system

Mac

Fay

yes you are right Mac, delete the lot and reintstall!