• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

How cn I get rid of Search conduit?

Started by Fay, Apr 08, 2014, 09:17:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I have tried everything to get rid of the above, to no avail, has anyone a permanent idea?

Thanks
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

I have tried all this and more. it has really taken a hold, and more difficult to get Chrome up. when you delete it it comes back. does not show in add remove programs

Mike

Fay are all of these issues on your new PC?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

yes. they have infected it from the start!!!!

Mike

Why not do a vanilla re-install of Windows without the extra crap? I presume you were supplied the Windows discs or they are stored on the HD ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

i dont think there  was any crap, i chose what to go into the computer, custom build.

start again Mike!!!!!! i would rather slash my wrists!!!!!

Mike

mickw

Quotei dont think there  was any crap, i chose what to go into the computer, custom build.

So whoever custom built the PC shoved all that crap in at no extra charge - What a bargain  :roll:

I think you will be paying the price for their generosity for quite a while  :(

I agree with Mike - Start again or go and get the builder to sort it out properly
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

well i have downloaded a lot of progs etc etc. good news is, i have got into Google every time so far today!