• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Being that we have a serious shortage of photos...

Started by Fay, Jan 21, 2014, 09:33:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Popped outside, the other night, with the Ioptron, thought, better to have a practice than nothing. it was a bad sky, full Moon en route and sky full of contrails.

this was 1 sub 120secs, cls, F4, ISO 1600, 600D,  50mm lens. taken with Backyard EOS

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Not sure. i just looked u and saw these lights in the sky! i will Google it

Mike

Nice one Fay. You can see it was a murky night but kudos for getting out there and producing an image. I think the members images section of my next talk is going to be over in 10 seconds.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Thanks mike. I had to sit on my heated pet bed warmer. Nasty night

MarkS

Quote from: Mike
I think the members images section of my next talk is going to be over in 10 seconds.

You can always use the images of the wrecked observatory :(

Mike

That's true Mark. It will go some way to explain why there has been a lack of images lately, i.e. the atrocious weather.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

QuoteI'm taking my SLR to the sahara in April so maybe I'll get the odd photo.

Please don't send loads of pics of camels  :(

So many people will get the hump  :lol:

I crack myself up  8)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Very nice star colours Fay!

MarkH

I really like these wide shots nice to dee everything in context. I like it Fay.

Fay