• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Careful what you wish for

Started by mickw, Nov 12, 2013, 10:40:14

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

I just ran an update on "CCleaner" - a general tool to clean crap out of the PC.

I assume I clicked the wrong download button before I went to make some coffee  :-?

Just spent over an hour removing media players, browser plugins/toolbars/extensions and other assorted "useful tools" AKA crap  :wall:
Then had to run virus/spyware and defrag to get it all back to normal - I think

So the moral of the story - PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU CLICK ON  :roll:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Yep, it's really really annoying.  Go to download a useful free tool and you're confronted with 10 different "Download it now!" icons on the webpage.

You have a 90% chance of clicking on the wrong one and downloading a ton of garbage to your PC instead of the useful tool you were after.

Mark

Carole

Quoteyou're confronted with 10 different "Download it now!" icons on the webpage.
Yes it's very annoying and you can't sometimes find the one you want i.e. can't see the woods for the daisies.

Having once hit the wrong one, I tend not to download at all if in doubt.  

Carole

Fay

Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!! i have had nightmares doing that, and I dont give up until it has all gone, or think it has all gone, which can take about 2 weeks!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

I thought I was the computer no-no person......... :o
Join the club......  :D
Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...