• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Nighmare night on Patio

Started by Fay, Oct 30, 2013, 09:34:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

i wanted to get more of The Iris, & thought the patio would be the best place because of the trees. after setting up and wondering why i had a serious wobble, i spotted, in time, that the mount was not on tight to the tripod, at this time the cameras and scopes were all attached.

then i realised that the trees were worse from the patio, my subject was at a really bad angle & the QSI was straight into the tripod legs.

i was a bit disorientated, as i aligned on Vega, at an awkward angle, and had two of them! never had this before, checked all equipment & could not get rid of this double image, tried to get online but laptop was not connecting. thought my filter was out of place.

After about an hour i found out about the double double, that i did not think of as never seen them before. obviously was not on Vega.  :roll:

anyway took it all apart and had a practice with the Ioptron etc. what a nana!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

What a palava, must have taken quite a long time all that.

Well at least you know how to find the double double now.

Robert

JohnP

QuoteAfter about an hour i found out about the double double

Fay.. You sure you hadn't been on the Double Double before starting your imaging session.... ;-) hic...!!!!