• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

1st draft of M74

Started by Rocket Pooch, Sep 20, 2004, 21:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

I had a go at M74 but I haven't spent much time processing it, I will do this week, but here's the draft.

Rick

Did you mean to link to a .bmp file?

Mike

What are those wiggly things? Astro-worms??!!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

yes worms caused by the hot pixel and lack of dark and flats :smile:

Mike

I'm confused - how would that make things that look like worms?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Because there's 80 of them connected together and there showing the PE of the mount, the reason why they go wiggly is because its in ALT/AZ config (no wedge yet).  If it was a GE mount they should be in a line, well nearly.

Whitters

Nice pic, I've got worms too! The option is either darks and flats as Chris suggested, or a soothing cream :wink:

Rocket Pooch

Ah ha,

Interesting this, after using flats and darks it seems there's ramdon noise from the gain setting on the SAC8, So I've tried a cople of options on M33 and M74 taken at the same time, I've also included a raw frams for John, he's allways surprised at the raw images.

M33 80 8sec

M74 76 8sec

M74 1x8 sec