• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M31 now with colour

Started by Carole, Sep 04, 2013, 09:17:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

This is the luminance I did at Blacklands and the RGB done from home.  As Mark said Bromley is probably not the best place to collect the RGB, but I wanted to see how it would come out and since I live in Bromley, I can't leave all my imaging until I go to DSC.  

I'll take RGB at a later date from a dark site and compare.  

1 hour each on the RGB.  Atik383L Baader filters.
WOZS71 and focal reducer x 0.8 = F4.8
Luminance as previous image

Thanks Rick for editing.  the URL was there but it just wouldn't post for some reason.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Yeah sorry Mike, I have amended the first post but got called away before I had done so.  The URL link for the smaller post would not appear for some reason despite it being there.
I'll try it again.

Worked it out now, I am new to Firefox and I was copying the link location rather than the file location (duh).  Quite different to how I used to do it in IE.  Shouldn't have posted it when I was in a hurry.

Carole

mickw

Galaxy taking shape nicely but stars like doughnuts
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

Carole can you put a full frame up of the image so I can see how flat that scope is please..

Carole

Thanks for editing Rick, as you could see the link was there but it just wouldn't post for some reason.

This is the largest one I can do:
http://cdn.astrobin.com/images/3f31b8c7-0f55-4244-8138-68eeab3da84f_hd.png

Carole

Les R

Great image..... exactly what Im hoping to achieve one day!  :D

MarkS

Quote from: Les R
Great image..... exactly what Im hoping to achieve one day!  :D

There's nothing like the first time feeling of seeing the Andromeda Galaxy appear on your laptop through your own telescope and camera!

Les R

Ive seen it magically appear.... just not using my gear! It still had that wow factor though. I was surprised at how big it was!

Carole

QuoteI was surprised at how big it was!
Les, as you can see this was done with the WOZS71, so gives you an idea of scale.  Your ED80 will fit it in the FOV but anything with a longer focal length and it starts to get difficult.

Carole

Rocket Pooch

Well that scope seems quite impressively flat, but also quite blue?  I guess thats the FP51 glass in it.

I'm still looking for an affordable replacement to my ED80 (now 10 years old).