• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Leap Motion

Started by Tony G, Jul 31, 2013, 23:29:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Just had an email concerning this new gadget.......which maybe out already but it was the first time I had seen it and thought it was pretty cool and could be used somehow.

http://tiny.cc/ltx30w

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

I was considering getting one of these myself but the reviews have not been very good. Apparently it doesn't work too well and a lot of people are disappointed. I'd have to see it in action with my own eyes before I reconsidered.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Our Samsung TV can be controlled by waving at it.  It's the most annoying thing in the universe.  Any inadvertent hand motions would bring up a menu in the middle of watching a TV programme.  We switched off this feature very soon after buying the TV.

Les R

Quote from: MarkS on Aug 01, 2013, 09:33:42
Our Samsung TV can be controlled by waving at it.  It's the most annoying thing in the universe.  Any inadvertent hand motions would bring up a menu in the middle of watching a TV programme.  We switched off this feature very soon after buying the TV.

Did the same on my phone and it's eye sensors to scroll and also tilt back or forward, though I've left the hand motion there as that is partially useful.

Tony G

Quote from: MarkS on Aug 01, 2013, 09:33:42
Any inadvertent hand motions would bring up a menu in the middle of watching a TV programme.

I can understand that being annoying depending on what you was watching. :o

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

As tony said, Its probably not suitable for teenagers ;)

Mac.

Tony G

Quote from: Mac on Aug 01, 2013, 17:01:42
As tony said, Its probably not suitable for teenagers ;)

Mac.

I still feel like a teenager sometimes  :oops:
What I meant to say as Flis was watching me type was that I still feel young at heart and in mind, its just my body that lets me down. :-?

Tony G

Rocket Pooch

Oh what a waste of money

Tony G

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Aug 01, 2013, 20:46:33
Oh what a waste of money

So what am I suppose to do with the three I've ordered. :!

Tony G